The Pinewood Derby Timer (PDT) is an Arduino based track timer. The robust and flexible design allow the PDT to be easily constructed and modified to meet your specific needs. Features of the PDT include:
- Easily expandable from 1 to 6 lanes
- Supports (optional) solenoid start gate circuit
- Supports (optional) lane place/time digital displays
- Works standalone or can be interfaced to software running on a PC
- Supports lane masking, start gate status check, force end of race
Interfacing the PDT to software running on a PC allows races to be managed and allows you to record and archive car run times as you test and tune your Pinewood Derby car(s). Currently compatible with the following software:
- Free PD Test/Tune/Track (PDT3) software utility (see below)
- The popular Grand Prix Race Manager software
October 2016 - The Halloween Update!
A huge update to the PDT firmware (Arduino sketch) adds the following features:
A sample of PDT implementations is shown below and you can visit the Timer Builds page for more examples.
This PD Timer zipfile contains the timer code (Arduino sketch), circuit schematics and user documentation. The individual items can also be downloaded:
The PDT3 setup program will install the PD Test/Tune/Track utility software.
Use the links below or the menu at the top of the window to see more information on building and using the PDT:
Last updated: 31 October 2016
Copyright © 2006-2017 David Gadberry